Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I Can't Give You Anything but Love, Baby

Gee, but it's tough to be broke kid
It's not a joke kid, it's a curse
My luck is changing it's gotten
from simply rotten to something worse
Who knows someday I will win too
I'll begin to reach my prime
Now though I see what our end is
All I spend is just my time...

I can't give you anything but love, baby,
That's the only thing I've plenty of, baby.
Dream awhile, scheme awhile, we're sure to find,
Happiness, and I guess, all those things you've always pined for.

Gee, I'd like to see you looking swell, my litle baby,
Diamond bracelets Woolworth doesn't sell, baby.
Till that lucky day, you know darned well, baby,
I can't give you anything but love.

Till that lucky day, you know darned well, baby,
I can't give you anything but love

~ Ella Fitzgerald
Music: Jimmy McHugh
Words: Dorothy Fields


0 Comments: